How indeed do people make it through like without a sister. i miss mine so keenly tonight i can hardly breathe. I pray that she is safe, that she is happy, that no harm befalls her beautiful head. I am starting to tear up at the thought of her name: Brittany. I started keeping a "Rori" box for Britt. In "Gilmore Girls" there was an awful spell when Lorelai and Rori weren't speaking. So everytime there was something Lorelai wanted to tell Rori she wrote it down and put it in a box so she would remember to tell her when things we well again. I just miss my sister. I know without a doubt she is where she needs to be but there is a whisper in my soul that doesn't care and just want her here to tell me I am sitting to close to Matt or that I am driving too fast. November 10th
Enjoy these lovely sister quotes
You can kid the world. But not your sister. ~Charlotte Gray
What's the good of news if you haven't a sister to share it? ~Jenny DeVries
If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater. ~Pam Brown
There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. ~Mary Montagu
Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling. ~Pam Brown
Books I have read recently
- Shirley by Charlotte Bronte — I'm reading a giant biography of the Brontes "Wild Genius on the Moors" By Juliet Barker (amazing!! but I'll post on that when I finish) So I'm reading each novel as it's discussed in the book. I loved Shirley. I have to agree with the critics that it is a slow painful start and it does take about 150 pages till we meet the title character Shirley. But besides that, it is so well written. Caroline Helstone’s angst is beautiful and poignant. And knowing that the last third of the book was written after Emily & Anne died explains so much about the change in the book. Charlotte likes to fix her world by writing about it and in her version the sick heroine recovers where her sisters did not. I definitely recommend Shirley for the Bronte fan. Don’t skip it.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas --- It took me a couple chapters to really dive in but after that I was in love. I had read somewhere that it was based on Beauty & the Beast, which is great. What I did not know is that it is a retelling of one of my favorite fairytales: East of the Sun, West of the Moon!!! What a treat when I discovered that. I love that story. It's whimsical and the girl saves the day which I love love love. Sarah does a beautiful job of it and I can't wait for the next one!!
- Miss Buncle’s Book by D. E. Stevenson —What a little treat. My mom gave these books to me for my birthday and there are so much fun. It’s a light easy read and it made me chuckle.
- Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder— I adore her soul finder books. I’ve been reading them for years. She builds beautiful strong women and sweeping romance. Her magic system is unique and I want to live in her world.
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr and E. B. White — A must read for every writer. Thanks to Stephen King for the recommendation. It has all those little things that I had questions about and answered them quickly and succinctly. It’s not the funnest read but it’s helpful.
- Click of Titles to go to the book's Amazon page
Friday, October 5, 2007
Thursday, October 4, 2007
So for those of you who don't know... on October 5th, Matt and I will have been dating for 5 years!! So in celebration i am traveling to MCO (Orlando). I decided that I needed a new dress for such an occasion. I almost bought these teal high heel pointed shoes that perfecting matched the teal in my dress but alas they did not have my ( to my mother's great relief). So i bought some black ones (to my mother's anxiousness). I felt oh so stylist and glam but I'll keep you updated if I break my ankle the first 5 mins. I hope I don't come to regret this, but oh I feel so much like Rori
Below is a near replica of my shoes
Below is a near replica of my shoes