| Design your own Photo Book with Mixbook's easy online editor.
Books I have read recently
- Shirley by Charlotte Bronte — I'm reading a giant biography of the Brontes "Wild Genius on the Moors" By Juliet Barker (amazing!! but I'll post on that when I finish) So I'm reading each novel as it's discussed in the book. I loved Shirley. I have to agree with the critics that it is a slow painful start and it does take about 150 pages till we meet the title character Shirley. But besides that, it is so well written. Caroline Helstone’s angst is beautiful and poignant. And knowing that the last third of the book was written after Emily & Anne died explains so much about the change in the book. Charlotte likes to fix her world by writing about it and in her version the sick heroine recovers where her sisters did not. I definitely recommend Shirley for the Bronte fan. Don’t skip it.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas --- It took me a couple chapters to really dive in but after that I was in love. I had read somewhere that it was based on Beauty & the Beast, which is great. What I did not know is that it is a retelling of one of my favorite fairytales: East of the Sun, West of the Moon!!! What a treat when I discovered that. I love that story. It's whimsical and the girl saves the day which I love love love. Sarah does a beautiful job of it and I can't wait for the next one!!
- Miss Buncle’s Book by D. E. Stevenson —What a little treat. My mom gave these books to me for my birthday and there are so much fun. It’s a light easy read and it made me chuckle.
- Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder— I adore her soul finder books. I’ve been reading them for years. She builds beautiful strong women and sweeping romance. Her magic system is unique and I want to live in her world.
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr and E. B. White — A must read for every writer. Thanks to Stephen King for the recommendation. It has all those little things that I had questions about and answered them quickly and succinctly. It’s not the funnest read but it’s helpful.
- Click of Titles to go to the book's Amazon page
Monday, September 29, 2014
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Okay so people ask me how I am , and i always say "the same" because that's easier. But i judge my migraines on levels and charts and that's hard to describe in words so here is a picture.
Level 0-3 Level 4-7 Level 8-10
good not good bad
for a refresher course on what these numbers mean read this :
So we want the good numbers to be the highest. They are obviously not. They are the lowest, weakest numbers. They get picked on by all the other numbers.
We want Bad numbers to be the lowest, which obvious they are not. They are actually trying really hard to be the biggest, meanest numbers. See September. See how the Bad numbers did a sneak attack and almost made it to number one? Yeah that's what we in the biz call "the worst month in created history." AKA living in JAX without curtains, facing the oceans which reflects the sun and amplifies it's brightness times a million billion and then some.
So the not good numbers. You may be like, hey that's not so bad, at least they aren't bad. No don't be stupid. They aren't called, okay. they aren't purple. They are red. You know other words for not good according to a thesaurus. not good = unsatisfactory, unacceptable, poor. I would have put those words but there wasn't room on the chart. Nanny Jo is not pleased with Levels 4-7. She is not pleased.
So anyway, October let's take a look at that beauty. only 1 good day. meh 24 not good days. at first that still seems like a lot until you look at the bad days. 6. You want to know the last month i only had 6 bad days? i didn't know either. i had to look it up. January 2013! That is a long time. What do i credit it to? Rosie. I won't elaborate. It wouldn't even be worth it without my Irish accent which I think is pretty amazing as long as i can keep it from going Jamaican which is harder than you'd think.
So since October, it's been pretty regular. Not really bad, not amazing, but feeling kind of on the up and up? maybe. i hate saying that. don't ask me about it next time we talk.
Here are pictures of babies.